Marking the Years
FR Wiki article: Marking the Years
Years (oftencalled winters) are counted in a number of different ways depending on where you are in the realms.
The most commonly used method in Faerûn is Dalereckoning or DR.
Our campaign started in the year 1485 DR.
Calendar of Harptos
FR Wiki article: Calendar of Harptos
The Calendar of Harptos is the calendar used across most of Faerûn. It was created by the wizard Harptos.
There are 12 months, each lasting three tendays (or thirty days).
There are also an additional five days that fall between the months.
- Hammer or Deepwinter (January)
- Alturiak or The Claw of Winter (February)
- Ches or The Claw of Sunsets (March)
- Tarsakh or The Claw of Storms (April)
- Mirtul or The Melting (May)
- Kythorn or The Time of Flowers (June)
- Flamerule or Summertide (July)
- Eleasis or Highsun (August)
- Eleint or The Fading (September)
- Marpenoth or Leafall (October)
- Uktar or The Rotting (November)
- Feast of the Moon
- Nightal or The Drawing Down (December)
Once every four years an additional day called Shieldmeet is added after Midsummer.