The elemental wizard Kuris built himself a tower some time in the mid 1440s DR.
This tower was used as his home and place of work for many decades while he studied the power of elemental beings.
The tower was had four floors and a large bulb shaped beacon at the top. It was surrounded by a large circular perimeter wall.
The tower was protected by several charms and enchantments. Kuris used a simple but effective system of runes to contain the elementals while he studied them.
In 1485 DR a group of adventurers sought out Kuris and ended his operation. The tower was left empty.